SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Volunteers will assist in monitoring and managing community events and or programs within Milwaukee and Cook counties. We have a variety of opportunities to choose from. This is a great opportunity to get hands on experience and get involved in the agenda to restore and create growth and wealth in black communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Volunteer duties may vary depending on your interest, desired level of involvement and knowledge. Duties may include:
- Monitoring and recording events
- Organization and leadership of volunteer activities
- Distribution of goods and services/ Serving at local events
- Event set up/ passing out informational flyers
- Fundraising efforts
- Youth Mentoring
- The desire and motivation to empower individuals who reside in minority communities.
- Compassion for those who are underprivileged or uninformed.
- The initiative and flexibility to work in a team and independently.
TIME COMMITMENT: The time commitment is very flexible. Most of our events take place on weekends, however a very small portion of our summer events may take place on weekdays. We also have many season-specific activities in which our volunteers will be informed on the best time of year to work on these projects.
TRAINING: We will provide an individual or group training to cover all aspects of volunteer positions with D.B.W. Additional training may be offered according to interest and need.
SUPERVISION: Supervision is required until volunteers are comfortable with the assigned project or activity. However, on site supervision will be available at all public and private functions. Phone and or email support will always be available.
If you are interested in volunteering with us please complete the form below and someone will contact you to discuss current opportunities and advantages.