SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Volunteers will assist in monitoring and managing community events and or programs within greater Milwaukee and Cook counties. We have a variety of opportunities that will allow individuals to gain hands on experience and get involved in our agenda to promote knowledge, growth and wealth in urban communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may vary depending on your interest, desired level of involvement and knowledge. Duties may include:
- Monitoring and recording events
- Organization and leadership of volunteer activities
- Distribution of goods and services/ Serving at local events
- Event set up/ passing out informational flyers
- Fundraising efforts
- Youth Mentoring
- Community Organizing
- Age 16 or older
- The desire and motivation to empower individuals who reside in minority communities.
- Compassion for those who are underprivileged or uninformed.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently with little supervision.
TIME COMMITMENT: Volunteer roles are very flexible with students and working adults in mind, however we have many season-specific activities in which our volunteers will be asked to work on special projects during certain times of the year.
TRAINING: We will provide training to cover all aspects of positions. Additional training is offered upon request.
If you are interested in volunteering with us please complete the form below and someone will contact you to discuss current opportunities and advantages.