Come make history with us by becoming 1 of 100 powerful black female co-authors who have come together to write for a great purpose! Black women from all walks of life and different backgrounds committed to sharing love, wisdom and knowledge with the younger generations. What piece of advice would you give your younger self if that advice had the potential to change the course of your life?
We will take our toughest lessons and past pains we have overcome and turn them into pieces of wisdom for young women on their personal journeys. This is the first compilation of this magnitude to be written by women of color with the sole purpose of empowering younger black women. Sis, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to be a part of such an amazing move.
“Sharing Wisdom for Life with Young Women of Color” is the first anthology being produced through the founder of Dope Black Woman. It is a compilation of testimonies, lessons, wisbits and how to’s shared by women who have already overcome many of the trials faced by today’s young women.
If you’ve always wanted to become a published author this is your opportunity to do so while making a difference. Don’t have great writing skills? No problem. We have writing coaches who will work diligently with coauthors to assist with the creation of your masterpiece. This is a unique project that will enable you to ignite change within the lives of young black women all over the world.
HOW TO ENTER
- A $87 entry fee must accompany the application and is non-refundable unless your entry is rejected
- November 3rd you will be invited to join our private group where you will interact with other co-authors, ask questions and connect with writing coaches who will help you birth your story
- Your entry must be an original in the English language and be unpublished
- All stories must be 500 words or less
- The theme should be of inspiration, motivation, overcoming obstacles or empowerment through your own personal life experiences. We will discuss this in detail on the info calls. Look for them to be posted on our Facebook page or follow us via email to receive email updates on info sessions
- Submissions should include name, city, state, and website address if available or a social media link.
At the completion of the compilation, May 10th, you will receive:
- One free complimentary copy of the published book.
- Optional discounted website design through a well respected vendor
- The ability to purchase copies of the book at print price only.
- The ability to market, advertise, and sell the book. You will retain all royalties from your personal sales.
- You can officially announce to the world that you are a published author!
- Special pricing for annual DBW conferences
What’s included in the $87 entry fee?
This fee is collected to cover live coaching calls, editing, publishing fees, flyers and book signing events.
Early Bird Author Fee
Secure your spot as 1 of 100 women making history! ***The early bird price will end October 31st. The author fee will resume the original price of $87.